Heart
Day 237 of sheltering-in-place program.
Day 6 after election day.
Day 1 of the rest of my life.
Checklist:
prayer
morning meditation
hygiene routine
dog has been walked
breakfast (egg sausage casserole) ---> COFFEE
Today's To-Do List review
email
missed calls
text messages
FaceBook DM's
Emails identify updates on a few To-Do List items. Got those out of the way within an hour. Looks like we may get more rain today. Cover the motorcycle after lunch.
Now I can get back to preparing for our next Kitchen Table Talk with Dennis Hawk Zoom meeting. We're focusing on Self Care next week. We did one session on it with Rachel Quast which worked out well. Rachel is knowledgeable and presents well. She engaged the attendees and addressed many of their issues before our close.
I want to take a deeper dive into "Self Care".
First off let's clear the air about why Self Care is called for. The better condition that I am in, the better I can see to other's needs. We all want to see ourselves as able to help when needed yet the reality is that how well I can help others is dependent upon my condition. I like looking at the example of how the human body is structured. The heart is the center of everything. The heart oxygenates the life giving fluid before sending it out to all of the other body parts. The heart's primary artery feeds itself first.
Comments
Post a Comment